Saturday 28 January 2012

Swing-tag design 1

This is my swing-tag design, I chose to do my swing-tag in the shape of a hand because
1) It seemed like an interesting and unusual idea
2) There was a hand on my packaging in the "Rock on" typography
3) It allowed me to show off some of the products on sale (accessories such as rings, nail stickers, cufflets etc.)
I started off by sketching out my design in HB pencil, I then outlined the design using a black fine-liner, once I had done so I scanned the image into my computer and opened it in Adobe Photoshop where I proceeded to colour the design using the fill tool and the paint brush tool. Once I had done so I went on to place my logo on my design and lower the opacity slightly so that it didn't look too bright compared to the rest of the design. Lastly I added a text layer above with the information I wanted to give on my swing-tag before checking my design over thoroughly. I think that the piece came out quite well, it looks as I imagined it to and is bright, bold and eye-catching which makes it an interesting and memorable design, the only thing I would change about this design would be the fact that it  is kind of a big contrast to the style of the design of my packaging, but perhaps that contrast works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment