Saturday 28 January 2012

repeated pattern


I created this repeated pattern using Adobe Illustrator. I started off by creating a box in which my vector images would be placed, I them placed my logo design within this box, laid out in an interesting pattern, making sure to overlap the images over the top of the box and one of the sides of the box, I then proceeded to colour the background purple as it seemed an interesting colour contrast to the logo. I then selected the images that overlapped on the left side and pressed Cmd+C to copy them and Cmd+F to paste above, once I had done so I went to object then transfer then move and entered the amount I wanted my selected images to shift so that they appear overlapping on the right side. I then selected the imags that were overlapping on the top of my design and pressed Cmd+C to copy them and Cmd+F to paste above, once I had done this, I proceeded to select object then transfer then move and entered how much I wanted my selected images to move so that that they were on the bottom edge and overlapping. After this I moved around the images a bit so that it looked more appealing/neat but made sure not to move any of the overlapping images. I then selected the design I had created and dragged it over to the fill swatch toolbar, I then created a box/space and filled it using the swatch I had created, I increased the size of the box and the pattern repeated well within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment