Saturday 28 January 2012

Net design experimentation


This is my first net experimentation piece, I used felt-tip pens. I started out by sketching the design onto the net using a hb pencil, I then went over the pencil lines using felt tip pens. I quite like this design as it is bright and bold and colourful which makes the design eye-catching and very memorable. For my final packaging, I could use a hand drawn element and even some bright, bold colours. This design is very cartoony and surreal which I think makes it seem more fun and appealing so would convince customers to come back to the shop.

To create this piece of experimentation, I placed sections of tissue paper on top of my net and  brushed water over the top using a paintbrush, the water caused the dye from the tissue paper to run through and stain the paper beneath, I then peeled off the tissue and what was left was this interesting design. I quie like this design as the method used to create it and the look of it is very unusual yet rather interesting too, at the same time. I really like the style of this piece, I could possibly use a technique such as this one to create a background or a fill element for my final packaging design.


This piece of experimentation was created using old Christmas cards which I cut up and stuck on to my net design. I then used coloured fine-liners to add a few extra details (swirls, lines etc.) I think this design is rather interesting, I like the idea of combining different designs together. This design would appeal to those who are concerned about the environment too as it is made using recycled materials and therefore leads the buyers to believe that they are helping to make a difference and save the planet. The only problem with this design however is that it's made up of other people's work/copyrighted materials.


I created this design using oil-pastels and crayons, I started off by sketching out the design I wanted to use using hb pencil and then proceeded to go over the design using oil pastels and crayons, I decided not to give it a background as I felt the colours would possibly contrast with the foreground design. The lack of a background however, makes the design look a little boring and plain, if I choose to incorporate an oil pastel/crayon design in my final packaging design then I will make sure to include a background colour in the design.

This design was created using ribbons, which I then stuck down upon my net design. I quite like this design as it looks very interesting and is full of different textures and patterns which think looks very interesting. I could use a design made up of ribbons for the background or as a colour swatch for my final net design.


No comments:

Post a Comment