Saturday 28 January 2012

Anaylysis of 3 swing tags

This swing tag has been created by a graphic designer called Coco, she started off by had carving a stamp in the shape of the letters "C" "o" "c" "o" and the shape of a heart then stamped them onto the material before sewing it onto a page of a book. I really like this design as it has been created in such an interesting and unique way which makes it very memorable. This design has a typographical element to it and one pictoral element of a heart. It is a very simplistic design with a natural, earthly feel to it, I really like this piece, it could inspire me to create a hand-made printed swing tag of my own using interesting and/or unusual materials.
This swing tag was designed by a graphic designer named Danelle Bourgeois, it is a very basic design yet it is also very effective. It appears minimalist, yet you can tell that a lot of work must have been put into creating this piece. There is no typographical element to this swing-tag, just a pictoral element of an owl placed slightly off centre on the flower-shaped swing tag. The owl design is very bold and made up of basic shapes, there is no colour involved on this swing tag, I think that adds to the piece, it is yet another element of effective simplicity. This design piece could inspire me to create something rather basic for my swing tag yet just as interesting and memorable as if I had put a lot of detail into, possibly even more so. I think that the owl has been printed onto the card, I could print a basic pictoral element onto my swing-tag.

These swing tags were designed by a graphic designer called one hot mama, these designs have been made by hand even though they look like they were created using a computer/software. There are two layers to each of these swing tags, one is made of material and the other is made of card, the card layer is the patterned one. These swing-tags have only pictoral elements, though they are very well designed and rather beautiful. If there was a company name printed on this design it would be even better as it would represent the company and become an interesting way of remembering the shop/company for future reference. This piece could inspire me to hand-craft some interesting patterns or even to have a double layered tag.

1 comment:

  1. I love your designs. They take me back in my childhood and tell again me of amazing moments. How breezy is to have all the stuff you've ready. Now I want to make my own stamps too!Swing Tags Australia

    ReplyDelete