Friday 27 January 2012

Si Scott Inspired Typography

Inspired by the work of Si Scott, we created our own hand-made type in his style using Fine-liner and coloured-pencil. I started out by filling an A5 sheet of paper with all sorts of patterns and marks using a black fine-liner, trying to fill the page with as many different marks as the pen could produce to help come up with ideas of what sort of interesting swirls/patterns I can fill my word with. Once I had done so, I proceeded to draw out the outline of my word "Smile" in HB pencil. Then I went over the outline in Fine-liner. Next, I drew the patterns into the letters in Hb pencil and went over them with black fine-liner and filled the majority of the space also using the fine-liner. The final thing I did was to add colour using bright coloured-pencils. Overall, I think that this piece looks very interesting and turned out the way I wanted it to look however I feel that it could have been a little neater.

No comments:

Post a Comment