Thursday 10 May 2012

Final design

This piece was created using a mixture of hand-drawn and photographic elements. I started off by sketching out each separate layer of the design in HB pencil, then went over the design using fine liners, artists pens and black indian ink. I then edited my photographs of London which I have taken, using Adobe photoshop as well as scanning a few of the hand-drawn elements and editing them using Adobe photoshop too. Once I had printed all of the edited pieces of work for this piece, I cut them out and stuck them down where I wanted them to be placed and added hand-drawn and ink layers on top of these to make them look more interesting. Once the entire background was filled, I created a heart-shaped frame which I filled with patterns similar to the ones used in Lizzie Mary Cullen's work and then proceeded to at that atop the background which I created earlier. Then I added some paper rose petals and wooden hearts to the piece too in order to add another element to the design and represent the idea of love and romance which fits the theme of my work. The final element of this design is the hand drawn piece in the foreground which, although it is difficult to tell in this photo, are suspended using folded card so that they stick out of the page, coming towards the viewer of the piece. Overall, I like the idea of this design and think that I will use this as the basis for what I do during the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment