Thursday 10 May 2012

Development

I have collected primary visual research relating to the theme, I have done many observational drawings of London and visited an exhibition in London and drawn observational sketches from there too. I have also collected a number of photographs from both the exhibition and around London.I feel that I have explored and developed my ideas imaginatively, I have demonstrated this by taking influence from an illustrator and experimenting and adding my own style to her work and using mixed media and developing using different materials. I have mainly focussed on the work of Lizzie Mary Cullen, however I have not only experimented with Illustration like she does, I have been experimenting with collage and photography and paper installations too. I have experimented with both handmade and computer generated techniques, I have drawn out designs and edited them using photoshop as well as taking photos which I edited using photoshop, I have hand-drawn using pencil, fine-liners, felt-tips and ink. I have developed my outcomes through experimentation by using different materials and techniques and combining these to create my final design. I have written about all my experimentation and development on my blog and have used this information to help me to improve. My work is both original and exciting as it includes a wide range of techniques/materials put together to create a mixed-media piece that is both interesting and memorable. I have been annotating my blog thoroughly throughout the entire course and explaining everything that I have done. I have been practising my exam outcomes by creating mock-ups of what my final exam piece will be like, these have come out well and look very interesting with a broad range of techniques used. I have created an exam plan which I will follow over the two days of my exam in order to complete all the work that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment